One of the worst restaurant violations they ever saw – Florida Safety Inspector

Posted on November 9, 2013 by

4


OPA-LOCKA, Fla. - Local 10 found raw chicken thawing in an alley behind China City Restaurant a week after it was closed when state health inspectors reported rodent and roach issues.

We couldn’t believe what we were seeing in large bins of water, almost directly in the south Florida sun, raw chicken. The restaurant had been shut down the week before, when we found this. You can’t thaw [chicken] in water outside. As a food safety trainer what goes through your mind. Probably one of the worst violations I have ever seen.

As a patron, would that make me sick? definitely.

The Florida Department of Business and Professional Investigation out again, the restaurant received another violation for improper thawing, but the chicken apparently had been served.

“That’s probably one of the worst violations I’ve ever seen in any restaurant,” said Manny Delgado, a food safety inspector.

Inspectors reported 26 violations during an Oct. 24th inspection, which is posted below:

Inspection-record-jpg

source: http://www.local10.com/news/chicken-found-thawing-in-alley-behind-china-king-restaurant/-/1717324/22850850/-/o86rwsz/-/index.html

___________________________________

 © 2013 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties

Posted in: Family safety