Woman finds razor blade in Burger King salad

Posted on June 16, 2014 by


by Brandon Lee

Jennifer Ashley, of Flagstaff, took a picture of a box-cutter that she says she found inside her chicken apple cranberry salad.

“It was actually in my salad,” Ashley said. “There was a razor blade in there that I could have potentially put in my mouth and cut my mouth with.”

Ashley said she was having lunch with her husband at the Burger King restaurant off Milton Road in Flagstaff when she saw the sharp blade mixed into the salad.

Ashley showed the manager and Burger King told 3TV that the staff immediately inspected all of the salads to make sure they were safe.

The fast-food chain said an employee admitted to leaving the blade on a shelf and it accidentally fell into the tub of lettuce.

Burger King has reportedly fired the employee.

Ashley was given a refund and free salad. She said she will not sue Burger King and just wanted the restaurant to be aware so that it never happens again.

“I’m not looking to press charges. I’m not looking to get money from this,” she told 3TV. “I just want people to be aware that accidents happen and it could happen to anybody anywhere, and just be careful of what you eat. Don’t just assume that because it’s coming from a restaurant that it’s safe.”


© 2014 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.

Posted in: Family safety