In cooperation with the Andrew and Williamson Fresh Produce recall of cucumbers that may be contaminated with Salmonella Poona, Safeway is recalling made-to-order deli sandwiches with cucumbers produced by Andrew and Williamson and sold in nine Safeway and Carrs stores in Alaska.
Sandwiches were sold from August 1 through September 4 from the full-service sandwich counter. The stores include:
- Carrs at 1725 Abbott Rd., Anchorage, AK 99507
- Carrs at 1650 W Northern Lights Blvd., Anchorage, AK 99517
- Carrs at 5600 Debarr Rd., Anchorage, AK 99504
- Carrs at 1340 Gambell St., Anchorage, AK 99501
- Carrs at 1501 Huffman Rd., Anchorage, AK 99515
- Safeway at 1907 Seward Hwy., Seward, AK 99664
- Safeway at 1313 Meals St., Valdez, AK 99686
- Safeway at 90 Sterling Hwy., Homer, AK 99603
- Safeway at 301 N Santa Claus Ln., North Pole, AK 99705
No illnesses have been associated with Safeway or Carrs sandwiches.
Customers who purchased the recalled sandwiches from the above-listed stores should discard or return them to the place of purchase for a full refund.
Customers who have questions about the recall can contact Safeway at 1-877-SAFEWAY or Andrew and Williamson at 1-844-483-3864.
© 2015 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.