Chipotle’s problems may be extending to Massachusetts. Their Cleveland Circle restaurant has been closed because of a possible E. coli outbreak at Boston College.
The college says 30 students, including members of the men’s basketball team, have complained of gastrointestinal symptoms including vomiting and diarrhea.
They all had eaten at the Chipotle restaurant in Cleveland Circle over this past weekend.
Boston College sent out a health alert that said, “Students who are experiencing these gastrointestinal symptoms are encouraged to seek medical care either at BC Health Services or from their own physician.”
“Actually one of our friends was in the infirmary with a concussion and she said when she walked out there were like ten people in the waiting room,” said BC student Stephanie Lord. “All with buckets all throwing up from Chipotle.”
At least one Boston University student said she got sick too. “I just went to eat here this past weekend and I got really sick yesterday so this is the first time I left my house I was wondering what was happening over here,” she said.
Workers were busy cleaning the entire restaurant Monday night.
Partial source credit: http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/12/07/boston-college-chipotle-illness/
© 2015 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.