Norovirus sickens dozens at Seattle retirement community

Posted on January 15, 2016 by


by Doug Powell

Norovirus has sickened more than two dozen people at a senior living facility in Seattle.

The outbreak first surfaced on Saturday night at Mirabella Seattle and has continued spreading ever since. On Sunday morning, Seattle firefighters answered Artis Leabo’s 911 call for her 94-year-old husband, Dick.

“He got sick early Sunday morning right after breakfast, he ate his breakfast and things started to explode,” said Leabo.

The elderly man is one of the residents at that Mirabella Seattle, a Continuing Care Retirement Community, who got sick.

© 2016 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.

Posted in: Family safety