World’s Choice Products, Inc. of San Diego, CA, is recalling the following products:
- 32 fluid ounce “Supreme Elixir” drink
- 32 fluid ounce “Kid’s Juice” drink
- 1 pound and 8 ounce “Xtreme Fiber Detox”
The recall was initiated because the products contain undeclared whey protein, which contains the allergens of milk and soy lecithin.
The above mentioned products were distributed nationwide through mail orders.
- “Supreme Elixir” comes in 32 fluid ounce white HOPE bottles marked with lots #15094, 15258, 15310, 15483, 16053 and 16091 stamped on the bottom of the bottle.
- “Kid’s Juice” comes in 32 fluid ounce white HDPE bottles marked with lots #15104 and 15326 stamped on the bottom of the bottle.
- “Xtreme Fiber Detox” comes in two presentations of 8 ounces and 1 pound, white HDPE container marked with lots #15174, 15372, 15423, 15538 and 16051 stamped on the bottom of the container.
No illnesses have been reported to date in connection with this problem.
The recall was initiated after it was discovered by FDA that the whey protein containing products were distributed in packaging that did not reveal the presence of whey protein. The problem was caused by a temporary breakdown in the manufacturer’s production and packaging processes.
Production of the product has been suspended.
Consumers who have “Supreme Elixir”, “Kids Juice” and “Xtreme Fiber Detox” are urged to return them to the place of purchase for a full refund. Consumers with questions may contact World’s Choice Products at 1-800-675-1845. We are open Monday through Friday from 8 AM until 5 PM PST
© 2016 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.