La Autentica Foods, LLC., a Hialeah, Florida, is recalling approximately 117,350 pounds of meat tamale products that may be adulterated with Listeria Monocytogenes.
The heat-treated, not fully cooked, not shelf stable tamale in corn husk items were produced from Sept. 4, 2015 to April 26, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]
- 20-oz. PLASTIC BAG packages containing four pieces of “GOYA FOODS TAMAL EN HOJA TAMAL IN CORN HUSK with use by/sell by dates 02/2017- 09/2017 of and packaging dates of 9/28/15-4/5/16.”
- 30-oz. PLASTIC BAG packages containing six pieces of “QUIRCH FOODS TAMAL CUBANO EN SU HOJA CUBAN TAMALE WRAPPED IN CORN HUSK WITH DICED PORK with use by/sell by dates of 02/2017-10/2017 and packaging dates of 9/28/2015-4/11/2016.”
- 20-oz. PLASTIC BAG packages containing four pieces of “LA MILPA TAMALES CUBANOS ESTILO CASERO CUBAN STYLE TAMALES WITH PORK with use by/sell by dates of 05/2017-10/2017 and packaging dates of 11/5/2015-4/26/2016.”
- 15.5-lb. BOX packages containing fifty pieces of “LA MILPA TAMALES WRAPPED IN CORN HUSK with use by/sell by dates 09/2016-04/2017 and packaging dates of 9/4/2015-4/14/2016.”
- 15.5-lb. BOX packages containing forty pieces of “LA MILPA TAMALES ESPECIAL WRAPPED IN CORN HUSK with use by/sell by dates of 09/2016- and packaging dates of 9/15/2015-4/13/2016.”
The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 11154” inside the USDA mark of inspection. These items were shipped to a retail and restaurant locations in Florida and New Jersey.
The problem was discovered during an FDA recall of frozen corn contaminated with Listeria Monocytogenes. There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
FSIS and the company are concerned that some product may be frozen and in consumers’ freezers.Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.
Consumers with questions regarding the recall can contact Mr. Fabrice Riviere, President, at (786)-409-3779.
© 2016 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.