60,350 Pounds of Ground beef Recalled

Posted on August 11, 2016 by

0


Sam Kane Beef Processors, LLC, Corpus Christi, Texas, is recalling approximately 60,350 pounds of ground beef products that may be contaminated with foreign materials, specifically metal, the U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) announced today.

The ground beef packages were produced on July 26, 2016. The following products are subject to recall: [View Labels (PDF Only)]

10-lb. (4.54 kg) chubs containing “Hill Country Fare Ground Beef” 73% Lean/27% Fat with a Packed On date of 7/26/2016, a Use-By date of 8/15/2016, and bearing case code number 00090180.
5-lb. (2.27 kg) chubs containing “Hill Country Fare Ground Beef” 73% Lean/27% Fat with a Packed On date of 7/26/2016, a Use-By date of 8/15/2016, and bearing case code number 00090150.
3-lb. (1.37 kg) chubs containing “Hill Country Fare Ground Beef” 73% Lean/27% Fat with a Packed On date of 7/26/2016, a Use-By date of 8/15/2016, and bearing case code number 00090170.

The products subject to recall bear establishment number “EST. 337” inside the USDA mark of inspection or on the product packaging seam. These items were shipped to three HEB Grocery distribution centers in Texas.

The problem was discovered when the establishment was notified of a consumer’s complaint of a small piece of metal in their purchased product.

There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products. Anyone concerned about an injury or illness should contact a healthcare provider.

Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products should be thrown away or returned to the place of purchase.

Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Mysti Richardson, Director of Marketing, at (361) 241-5000, ext. 241.


© 2016 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.

Posted in: Family safety