Sunseed Vita Prima Exotics Sugar Glider Formula Recall – Pet Food

Posted on April 14, 2018 by


Vitakraft Sun Seed Inc. of Weston, OH, is recalling one lot of Sunseed Vita Prima Exotics Sugar Glider Formula because it has the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella. Salmonella can affect animals eating the products and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated pet products, especially if they have not thoroughly washed their hands after having contact with the products or any surfaces exposed to these products.

Vitakraft Sun Seed was notified on April 13, 2018, by the Michigan Department of Agriculture that Salmonella was detected in an inspection sample of product from Lot Number 271391. The tests which discovered the bacteria were part of random testing regularly performed by the State of Michigan on various consumer products, and not prompted by any consumer concerns. To date there have been no reports of illness.

Products matching the specific lot number below are being recalled:

87535-20060 Sunseed Vita Prima Exotics Sugar Glider Formula, 28oz 271391 12/20/19

The product was distributed to the following states: CA, FL, IL, MI, NJ, NV, OH, PA, and TX, as well as Edmonton, Alberta in Canada. Retailers and distributors who received the recalled lots have been contacted and asked to pull these lots from their inventory and shelves. Consumers who have purchased a product from the recalled lot should discontinue use of the product and may return the unused portion to the place of purchase for a full refund.

Customers who have further questions are welcome to contact Customer Service at 1-800-221- 6175, Monday through Friday between 8:30am and 5:00pm EST.

Product Photos

Product image front of package Sunseed Vita Prima Exotics Sugar Glider Formula, 28oz

Code location on bottom back of package

© 2018 US Food Safety Corporation. No copyright claim is made for portions of this blog and linked items that are works of the United States Government, state governments or third parties.

Tagged: , ,
Posted in: Family safety